|Perkins – Queen City of the Cimarron is a pictorial history recording the development of the village of Perkins 1889 to 1920.
The 310–page book includes 140 historic photographs, many of them not generally viewed by the public before. The photographs have been enlarged to print over double–page spreads. The text gives a brief history of the various divisions within the book, such as Commerce, Education, Religion, Transportation, etc. The book is 8½ x 11, printed on coated paper stock, and is hardbound with a handsome leatherette cover with silver die–stamped lettering. It will be a keepsake to hand down from one generation to another.
Perkins, O.T. – Queen City of the Cimarron is fully indexed and also contains a list of those who pre-purchased copies of the book as a Charter Contributor to the Historical Society restoration fund.
David Sasser, co–author of the book, is a Perkins businessman, and a native of Perkins who has been a student of Perkins history since childhood. It is through his generosity that the former Methodist Church was purchased and given to the city for development into The Old Church Center. Mahlon Erickson is a Stillwater school teacher, and recording secretary for the Stillwater Genealogical Society. He has compiled a record of names in Payne County cemeteries.